Monday 3 January 2011

A New Year and the hard work continues

Happy New Year to everyone, I hope your new years resolutions are related to improving your fitness in some way!
I just squeezed a couple of runs in before the end of 2010 to record 1001 miles! compared to the 350 miles in 2009 that was quite a jump, with 2 marathons planned this year I might hit the 1500 miles mark.
I did manage to get a photo from the Hot Toddy race last week, in the shot you can see Colin who I will be coaching in the next few weeks he did of course overtake me later in the race...


The "Joe Salts New Year Awakener" race went well and I finished 17th out of 120 which with the level of training in the last few weeks I am pleased with. The race is multi-terrain and the up-hill, off road section was very slippy, to see the race profile hopefully you can access it here

Garmin Data for the race

Nick Walsh was taking pictures visit the Rochdale Harriers website for all his pictures, he even managed to get one of me : Nick Walsh's Gallery of the race pictures

The next day was a rest day, well I say rest, in actual fact I was on a coaches physio course. It was designed and delivered by Dave O'Sullivan who is the physio for Leeds Rhinos Rugby Union  and Andy Peacock, personal trainer and owner of the warehouse gym in Honley, Holmfirth. There were around 10 coaches some from Holmfirth Harriers and the day went through how to test runners fitness to run, then using foam rollers to massage key muscles. The main part of the morning session focused on Active Isolated Stretching techniques, which having practised today I hope to master quickly!
To see more info on Dave O'Sullivan check his website out www.prosportphysiotherapy.co.uk
Andy Website is www.warehousefit.com

This week sees the return to club training and it will be nice to see the folks at RRR after the Christmas break.

On Saturday I will be on Day three of the Coach in Running and Fitness award which brings me that bit closer to the next level in the UK Athletics coaching pathway.

No comments:

Post a Comment