Sunday 16 January 2011

Last recce run of the Pennine Bridleway relay race

It has been a mad couple of weeks and the marathon training is in full swing, with my first early morning run completed and a planned double run on Wednesday! I wouldn't normally have to train outside my comfortable hours but the coaching work is proving a difficult balancing act.
So Mondays I coach at 7:00pm and will do some fartlek in the time before the runners turn up. Tuesdays are my regular interval sessions at the Track, Wednesday's normally is a rest day but now I will run to work and run home... some weeks anyway!
Thursdays I will continue to train the Run in England group on their programme from 3 miles to 6 miles.

On Fridays I will rest if taking part at Heaton parkrun on the Saturday, otherwise it is running home again (later in the programme running to work as well). Which leaves me with a long run every Sunday

Last week saw my first real world trackside coaching, all went well even though it was freezing rain and I am sure I made plenty of mistakes, but the mentor coaching feedback was good and I know where to focus on this week!

My next race will be the Pennine Bridleway relay race (30th Jan) I am will be on the last leg, paired up up with Mike Harrison. Mike trained with Des Thorpe (Team Manager) and I today and did very well.

One week later is the first road race in the club championship, the Dewsbury 10K and as it is a fast out and back course I am hoping for a PB!

No comments:

Post a Comment