Saturday 18 December 2010

Snow days!

What a week I have had with nothing but a cold and the return of the snow!
I had a great night out on Thursday, with some members of my "Run in England" group at the best Curry house in Royton!

I spent all night building a temporary laptop for Heaton parkrun (www.parkrun.org.uk/heaton) as their usual laptop is out of action, the expectation was to have Clare deliver it Saturday morning... As I cleared the snow of her car, I decided to run the engine to begin the demisting process. The car started OK and then emitted a skidding sound from the fan belt, followed by smoke from the engine! Needless to say a new fan belt is required and the laptop never made it to Heaton park.

So we all trundled off to Oldham parkrun and had a great time with the 5 runners that made it through the snow to the park (Results, news and photos at www.parkrun.org.uk/oldham)


So as another week comes to an end I can only reflect that my running has been minimal and hope to get some training in before the "Hot Toddy" on the 27th December.

Till next time

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment