Tuesday 14 December 2010

London Marathon here I come

Every day I get more excited about my fortunate prize at the Royton Road Runners (RRR) presentation night!
see http://www.roytonroadrunners.co.uk/ for the news item and photos from the night.


I gained our last club ticket to the Virgin London Marathon 2011

So I have amended my training plan for 2011 to start my marathon training on the 27th December 2010, which will be 16 weeks!
The 27th is my birthday and I will also be taking part in the "Hot Toddy" race http://www.todharriers.co.uk/hot_toddy.htm
So this will hopefully be a momentous day to kick off my London Marathon adventure...

Last night was the official end to the Run In England group that I have been coaching over the last 10 weeks.
They have been a great bunch, so much so that I have decided to create a bridging programme of 10 weeks to build them up to the 6 miles/12 minute pace group that is the foundation group at RRR. I will then start a new RIE group to coincide with the Race for Life event in Alexandra Park, Oldham.

Right now I am harbouring a cold and it has moved onto my chest so no training at the track for me tonight :(

No comments:

Post a Comment